Sun Valley Area Neighborhood Council
California High Speed Rail Sources/Information
The following are sources to information other than just the materials published by the California High Speed Rail Authority (CHSRA). Please go to the CHSRA Website for general information and to CHSRA Palmdale to Burbank Project Section for specific route information and archival information such as past route maps.
Non-Support of CA. High Speed Rail Power Point presentation (as PDF) given at the SVANC Board at a Town Hall Meeting held Oct. 9, 2018. (The narrative that accompanied the slides is not included.)
CHSRA is taking comments about their plans. If you want to submit a letter, you can address it to:
Southern California Regional Office
California High-Speed Rail Authority
355 S. Grand Avenue, Suite 2050
Los Angeles, CA 90071
To address your comments to the CHSRA Board of Directors, Email them at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
It would be very much appreciated if you could copy SVANC on your correspondance with CHSRA:
P.O. Box 457
Sun Valley, CA 91353-0457
We also have a form to fill out that you can print, fill out, and mail back to us. DOWNLOAD FORM
Letters from Elected Officials regarding the CA. High Speed Rail
- U.S. Congressman Tony Cardenas
- State Senator Robert M. Hertzberg
- State Assemblymember Luz Rivas
- CD6 LA City Councilmember Nury Martinez
- CD2 LA City Councilmember Paul Krekorian
LA City Council Motions regarding the CA. High Speed Rail
- CD6 LA City Councilmember Nury Martinez's City Council Motion
- CD2 LA City Councilmember Paul Krekorians's City Council Motion (EXPIRED)
CA High Speed Rail Authority (CHSRA) and Orignal Ballot Measure - Prop 1A
- CHSRA Website
- CHSRA Website: Palmdale to Burbank Project Section
- CHSRA 2018 Business Plan
- CHSRA Palmdale to Burbank Project Section Supplemental Alternatives Analysis Report (SAA) April 2016
- CHSRA Community Benefits Agreement
- CA. Ballot Measure: Prop. 1A, Supplemental Complete Guide
Maps and Profiles
- Palmdale to Burbank Project Section Map - Detail of SR14 - Revised Nov. 9, 2018
- Palmdale to Burbank Project Section Map - Detail of SR14 with overlay of LA City Council Districts (CD2, CD6, CD7)
- Palmdale to Burbank Project Section Map (before selection of SR14 Preferred Route)
- Partial Palmdale to Burbank Project Section Map showing route hazards and areas where it is cut-and-cover
- Route SR14 cut-and-cover illustration
- Route SR14 profile view (has Metrolink & HSR with distance of tracks)
- SR14 Alignment, Depth and Profile Map
- SR14 Alignment Plan and Profile Map
- Map created for SVANC Presentation of SR14 Route along San Fernando Blvd
- Rough Council Districts Area Map overlayed onto CA HSR Route map
- CHSRA 2017 GeoTechnical Tunnel Feasibility Evaluation - DRAFT
- California Legislative Analyst's Office (CLAO) regarding the CHSRA 2018 Business Plan
- The High Speed Tunnel Portal Facilities that are required through the San Gabriel National Monument and the Angeles National Forest!
For an eye opening understanding of the infrastructure necessary to support the tunnel through the forest, please read: TECHNICAL MEMORANDUM _ High-Speed Train Tunnel Portal Facilities TM 2.4.6. Keep in mind, one acre is approximately the size of a football field without the end zones.
- "Build It Bigger: Mega Tunnel"
See what the Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM) is all about. A good introduction of how the TBM works.
- Sacramento Bee: "Should California's next governor scrap high-speed rail?"
- LA Times: "Gavin Newsom says he would scale back the bullet train and twin tunnels if elected"
- Citizens for California High Speed Rail Accountability: "10 Things to Know About California High-Speed Rail"
- Merced Sun Star "Here's why Merced's mayor spoke with high-speed rail authority this week" (this community has CHSRA sending its train thru its community, but with no benefit.)
- Fresno Bee "Kings County lays down the law on high-speed rail trucks"
- LA Times: "Calculations show bullet train can complete route within 2 hours and 40 minutes. Reality may prove slower"
- LA Times: "Inflation and delays could add billions more to bullet train project costs"
Sun Valley Related Information/Articles
- LA City Council Motion 03-2529 to make a portion of Sun Valley a Environmental Justice Area.
- Supporting Documents to above Council File 03-2529; Designating a Geographical Area Within Sun Valley as the Sun Valley Environmental Justice Improvement Area
CA HSR Subject Related Websites
- The Hamilton Report
- CC-HSR - Community Coalition on High-Speed Rail
- CARRD - Californians Advocating Responsible Rail Design
- CCHSRA - Citizens for California High-Speed Rail Accountability
- S.A.F.E. - Save Angeles Forest for Everyone
- TRANSDEF - Transportation Solutions Defense and Education Fund (lawsuit updates)